- The Thai brand has chosen Singapore as the first overseas country to launch its offerings
- The chickens are 100% natural, and bred in carefully controlled, cage-free farms
- Preferred choice of many chefs of Michelin-starred restaurants in Thailand
SINGAPURA – 29 August 2019 – UFarm’s Benja Chicken, the world’s first brown rice-fed chicken, is now in Singapore! Hailing from Thailand, this 100% natural product boasts a rich flavour profile, and is more tender and juicier than the market’s chicken meat by up to 55%. The brand’s offerings are wildly popular in Thailand and are preferred by chefs of Michelin-starred restaurants such as Saneh Jaan, Siam Wisdom and Paste.
UFarm’s Benja Chicken uses an innovative animal feed to raise its chickens. The formula comprises specially selected brown rice grains, which are rich in Gamma-Aminobutyric acid, antioxidants and vitamins B3, B6 and B9. It also helps to strengthen the chickens’ muscle structure. No growth hormone or antibiotic is added to the feed, which has been certified by the American NSF International.
UFarm’s Benja Chicken has chosen Singapore as the first country outside Thailand to launch its products. Mr Prasit Boondoungprasert, Chief Operating Officer of Charoen Pokphand Foods Public Co., Ltd., who created “Benja Chicken” under the U-Farm brand, says, “Today’s consumers focus on the quality of ingredients they use to prepare meals. The ingredients must be natural, delicious and healthy. Keeping this in mind, we set out to launch ‘Benja Chicken’, a line of chicken products that is different from the current market offerings. It meets the lifestyle needs of modern families, who place an emphasis on food safety and premium taste. In the pipeline, the brand will launch even more products that meet the sophisticated demands of consumers.”
Keeping to stringent farming standards
UFarm lives by its 12 philosophies with 5 freedoms of animal welfare in mind to raise healthy chicken for your loved ones.
- All chickens are 100% natural and they are well-raised in the indoor farm.
- The farm is protected against disease and extraneous materials which may affect the health of chicken negatively.
- Before entering the farm, personnel are required to take a shower, wash one’s hair and spray the disinfection spray.
- With no exception, all vehicles must be cleaned and sprayed with the disinfection spray before entering the farm.
- Benja Chicken is raised with the 5 Freedoms of Animal Welfare.
- Benja Chicken is raised in a
- The temperature in the farm is suitably adjusted to the ages of the chicken, allowing for the best comfort for every chicken raised in the farm.
- Benja Chicken uses an innovative animal feed to raise its chickens. The special formula comprises specially selected brown rice grains, which are rich in Gamma-Aminobutyric acid, antioxidants and vitamins B3, B6 and B9.
- The recipe formula is suitably adjusted to the Benja Chicken’s ages, resulting in the efficient growth of the chickens.
- Benja Chicken is raised with clean water from the clean water filtering system.
- To ensure the good health of Benja Chicken, UFarm conducts consistent health checks on the chickens.
- No growth hormone or antibiotic is added to the feed, which has been certified by the American NSF International.
Benja Chicken’s offerings are available from end October 2019 onwards.
Retailing from S$10.50, the available parts are:
- Raw Frozen Skinless Boneless Breast 520G
- Raw Frozen Skinless Boneless Leg 400G
- Raw Frozen Skin-On Boneless Leg 470G
To celebrate the launch of Benja Chicken, one-Michelin-starred Alma by Juan Amador will be showcasing the Benja Chicken in a special 3-course lunch menu available for three months from 3rd Sep 2019. The menu is priced at S$39++ per person, and will feature the Chicken Terrine, a unique chicken starter dish; Chicken Roulade, a new take on the classic chicken rice which features chicken thigh stuffed with brown rice; and Wild Berries, a sweet fruity dessert.